St. Margaret's Church
Visitors are welcome to this beautiful church. The present building, consecrated in 1523, is the third on the site. Since 1613 St. Margaret's has been the church of the House of Commons. Windows commemorate Caxton and Milton, who worshiped here, and Raleigh who is buried in front of the altar, under the glorious window made for Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon in c. 1520. After about 900 years of service as a parish church for the people of Westminster, St. Margaret's was placed under the care of the Dept. and Chapter by Parliament in 1973. It is still in regular use for worship and recitals of music.